Monday, October 21, 2013

Salad of the Week: Sweet and Spicy Peanut Butter Salad

Today's salad is delicious and full of fat! 

 This week there is an amazing conference going on about eating real food. The conference is online and it is free so go check it out Real Food Con! Yesterday one of the speakers, Abel James from Fat Burning Man, gave an excellent lecture on why we should eat fat. 

We are going to talk about the importance of good fat, but for today I am going to share with you a fat filled salad. 

Last week I told you why I love homemade salad dressings, and today's dressing is no exception. It is extremely rich and creamy will fill you up to conquer the day! Plus I added some crushed red peppers to this dressing, I love something spicy to heat up my raw veggies. 

Sweet and Spicy Peanut Butter Salad


For the Salad

Kale
Arugula
Apple
Finely sliced carrots
Celery
Any other veggies you have on hand would be great, trying adding snap peas or broccoli

For the Dressing

2 tbsp natural peanut butter
1/2 cup olive oil
crushed red pepper flakes
1-2 tsp coconut aminos, tamari or soy sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment